Save $200 when you bundle the WesAudio Mimas module with the Titan rack!
You Will Receive
WesAudio Mimas Description
An 1176 style FET compressor for your 500 series rack, featuring Carnhill transformers and plugin control and recall.
Despite digital revolution in the audio industry, many of top audio engineers still mix on analog gear. Have you ever wondered why?
It's all about that significant sound which can't be beaten by any digital plugin or processor. Most of audio engineers mix in the box because of the plugin usability: total recall, automation, settings comparison, etc. They love digital, however, it's always missing something crucial ? the sound. We have a solution for that: hardware analog gear with digital control, benefits from both worlds: analog and digital. Thanks to the pure analog path this device acts like proper analog gear but the digital control gives you exactly the same spectrum of compressor contol possibilities as you can find in a digital plugin.Our proprietary GCon protocol, which allows to communicate hardware with DAW, makes operating is fast and easy to use.We'd like to introduce the first member of the family: _MIMAS - World's first 1176 style compressor with digital control through VST/AAX plugin.
- world class compressor sound
- GCon - innovative High-speed USB/Ethernet protocol
- fully digitally controlled analog circuit
- fully balanced in/out by Carnhill transformers
- USB computer connection
- VST3/AAX (MAC/PC) control plugin
- dedicated stereo plugin to manage two devices
- integrated hardware A/B function
- digital sidechain from DAW to compressor
- 4 touch sensitive encoders (allow to record automation of all parameters to DAW in real time)
- true bypass
- selectable VU(in/out)/GR meter
- +24dBu of headroom
- Attack time: 20us - 800us
- Release time: 50ms - 1100ms
- Compression ratio : 4:1; 8:1; 12:1; 20:1; all button mode
- True Bypass
- SC High Pass filter - 60,90,150Hz
- Output impedance : 600ohm
- Freq. response : 20Hz do 20kHz (+/- 1dB)
- Signal to noise ratio SNR : >83dB
- Power consumption: 3W
- MAC Minimum Requirements
Dual Core Intel Processor, 4GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.9 or later
Intel Mac 32/64bit: AAX/VST3
- PC Minimum Requirements
Dual Core Intel or AMD Processor, 4GB RAM
Windows 7/8 (32/64bit) or later
Windows 32/64bit: AAX/VST3
Officially supported hosts
- Pro Tools 10.3.5+
- Cubase 5+
- Nuendo 4+
(In practice all HOSTS which supports AAX or VST3 will work just fine, but those are not officially tested at the moment. If you would like us to support any other host or platform, please let us know at email@example.com)
WesAudio Titan 500 Series Rack Description
_TITAN is complete recall system designed to provide total integration with your beloved analogue equipment. It implements special connector which is part of new open standard “ng500” – “Next Generation 500 series” where modules can be designed to communicate with outside environment to support digital recall or any other vendor specific functionalities. “ng500” connector is compatible with most of standard 500 series modules* and allows total integration with GCon compatible modules. _TITAN supports USB connection, which can be used to directly connect workstation to your modules, and Ethernet connection where modules can be accessed through LAN network (currently only one subnet is supported). Documentation along with dedicated software framework (including high level API and firmware drivers) will be part of GCon open specification(**) and each vendor can acquire it for free.
- GCon compatible frame which allows to commnicate with modules through single connection.
- USB connection to manage up to 10 modules.
- Ethernet connection (UDP based) to manage up to 10 modules (LAN single subnet).
- GConManager application which allows to manage stereo links.
- Internal audio signals are routed into special connector (I.A.C. “Internal Audio Connector”) accessible on 10th slot, which allows integration with “Summing Modules” or “Audio interfaces”.
- Stereo links are integrated with modules, and pressing “Link” button on modules which supports GCon protocol (e.g. _Mimas) sets stereo link on the _Titan.
- Open Specification – documentation and software framework including communication drivers for any Vendor that would like to adopt to this standard.
- 10 slots with ng500 series connector.
- Remote firmware upgrade – _Titan & all modules inside can be upgraded remotely through USB or Ethernet connection.
- XLR sockets in/out for each slot.
- Internal stereo link switches which can be also managed through GConManager standalone application.
- Linear power supply capable to deliver 5A of power.
- Power mode switch – 115V/230V.