Equipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC Technology found in audio interfaces costing thousands, the M6 delivers an astonishing 120 dB Dynamic Range on its main outputs. ESS converters also drive the headphone outputs, which rivals dedicated headphone amplifiers costing hundreds. Ultra-clean preamp circuits produce a measured -129 dBu EIN on the mic inputs. Capture and monitor your audio with pristine clarity.
The M6 provides best-in-class speed for monitoring live inputs (mic, guitar or keyboard) through your computer, thanks to MOTU's expertly engineered USB drivers, which deliver class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (at 96 kHz with a 32 sample buffer).
When recording and mixing, nothing is more critical than achieving optimum levels. The M6 is the only audio interface in its class with a full color LCD featuring clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs. Enjoy professional-level volume control and feedback to get your sound just right.
The M6 driver provides convenient loopback channels to your host computer, so you can easily route computer output back to the computer, where you can mix it with up to four mics (and/or guitars) from the M6 in your host software for live streaming or podcasting. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding!
A/B Monitor Switch
The M6 is the only audio interface in its class to offer A/B monitor switching. Connect two pairs of monitors and quickly check your mixes on each pair with the push of a button.
With the included multi-blade international DC power adapter connected, you can power the M6 when the computer is turned off (or completely disconnected from the M6). This allows you to monitor any live inputs you may have (mics, guitars, keyboards, etc.) without a host computer or iOS device needed.
- 6-in / 4-out USB audio interface with studio-quality sound
- Best-in-class audio quality driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC Technology
- Best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency) for host software processing
- Best-in-class metering for all inputs/outputs with a full-color LCD
- 4 x mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs on combo XLR/TRS
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each mic input
- 2 x balanced 1/4-inch line inputs
- Hardware (direct) monitoring for all inputs
- Monitor mix knob to balance live inputs and computer playback
- A/B switch to compare mix output on two sets of studio monitors
- Measured -129 dB EIN on mic inputs
- 4 x balanced, DC-coupled 1/4-inch TRS outputs
- Measured 120 dB dynamic range on the 1/4-inch balanced TRS outputs
- 2 x headphone out (driven by ESS converters) with independent volume control
- 1 x 3-4 switch for optional headphone monitoring of Line Out 3-4
- MIDI in/out (16 channels to/from USB host)
- Support for 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required)
- Windows driver with 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz)
- Mac driver (optional, for 2.5 ms RTL@32/96 kHz and loopback feature)
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant)
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming and podcasting
- Bus-powered USB-C (compatible with USB Type A) with power switch (USB cables included)
- Multi-blade international DC power adapter for stand-alone operation without a computer
- Rugged metal construction (extruded case, faceplates and knobs)
- Workstation software included (MOTU Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite 11)
- 100+ instruments (in Performer Lite)
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples and one-shots from industry leading libraries
- Kensington security slot
- Two-year warranty