The 24Ai provides flexible connectivity to your computer with class compliant, high-speed USB 2.0 and delivers 24 channels of pristine balanced analog input, combined with 48 channels of digital I/O, for a total of 72 audio channels.
As a computer interface, analog-to-optical expander, or stand-alone mixer, the 24Ai provides 24 analog inputs and three 8-channel banks of ADAT optical digital input and output. Connect a variety of line level inputs, including mixer outputs, audio snakes, synths, keyboards, drum machines and effects processors. Record, monitor, route and process all of these inputs using the professional on-board digital mixer — with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb™ with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ, modeled vintage compression, and gating.
Add more MOTU interfaces as your needs grow, connected to a state-of-the-art audio network using standard AVB Ethernet switches and CAT-5e cabling, with near-zero network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Route hundreds of audio channels among multiple devices and computers on the network.
Control all DSP-based mixing and effects, device settings, and network audio routing using your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smart phone connected wirelessly or locally to the 24Ai audio network.
From studio to stage, the 24Ai delivers superb sound quality, state-of-the-art operation, and reliable performance.
- 72 simultaneous audio channels — 24 high-quality, balanced analog inputs on three banks of multi-channel connectors (DB-25 D-sub and Phoenix), plus three banks of 8-channel ADAT optical for 48 inputs and 24 outputs.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works with any host audio software.
- On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (24Ao, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ai with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 24Ai's powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.