The 8D connects to your computer, iOS device or audio network through USB2 or AVB Ethernet to provide eight channels of professional, industry standard digital audio I/O at sample rates up to 96 kHz, including four channels of S/PDIF, four channels of AES3 (AES/EBU) and stereo headphone output.
Housed in a compact, aluminum alloy enclosure you can take anywhere, the 8D is equally well-suited for studio, stage or industrial applications, with or without a computer. As an interface, router, converter or stand-alone mixer, the 8D provides eight separate digital audio input and output channels, 32 channels of audio networking, 64 channels of USB audio I/O and stereo headphone output for a total of 210 simultaneous I/O channels.
Connect your digital audio gear and then record, monitor, route, process and convert all of these live inputs using built-in sample rate conversion and the on-board 48-channel large console-style mixer, with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs and busses, independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb™ with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ, modeled vintage compression, and gating.
After recording and mixing in the studio, unplug the 8D from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable and control everything from your smartphone and tablet — or both at the same time.
Through AVB Ethernet, connect another MOTU AVB interface for more I/O — or connect to an expanded MOTU AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers.
Control everything from your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smartphone connected wirelessly or locally to the audio network.
From studio to stage, the 8D delivers state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance.
- Eight channels of digital audio I/O and conversion with SRC — Four channels of professional AES3 (AES/EBU) digital I/O, plus four channels of standard S/PDIF digital audio I/O, with sample rate conversion on all inputs.
- Flexible router, converter and splitter — Send any input to any output, or split to multiple output channels. Convert any format to any other (AES3, S/PDIF, AVB-TSN and USB). Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB-TSN network.
- Stand-alone operation with wireless control — Connect a standard Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, routing/splitting, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects.
- DSP mixing and effects processing — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 stereo groups, access to 32 network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate and compression.
- Ultra-low latency and proven, high-performance MOTU drivers — Universal connectivity over high-speed USB 2.0 (3.0 and iOS compatible) and AVB. Renowned drivers deliver industry-leading low latency and rock solid performance.
- Universal control from any device — Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet and smartphone connected to your local Wi-Fi network.