Geoff Daking's classic preamp design with full Jensen transformer audio path in a single rack space!
The Mic Pre IIT combines two of Daking’s celebrated stand-alone Mic Pre One units in a single rack space form factor for a surprisingly affordable price. Like the Mic Pre One, the Mic Pre EQ, and the Mic Pre IV, the Daking Mic Pre IIT circuitry is based on a classic console design of the '80s with some upgrades: Variable High Pass Filters on each channel, class “A” amplification, extremely high headroom (+24) and a single-sided 48V power supply. The Mic Pre IIT adds Jensen transformers on both the input and output for a nice touch of color that Jensens are known for.
The Mic Pre IIT's high pass filter is continuously variable from 10-200Hz, and drops at 12dB per octave. It seems to have a magical ability to clean up the muck while making what remains sound even better. It is extremely helpful to DAW users who inadvertently record subsonics that muddy up tracks and mixes.
- Jensen transformer-balanced XLR inputs and outputs
- Discrete transistor circuitry
- Class "A" amplifiers for the preamp and High-Pass Filter
- 70dB of gain
- Continuously variable Gain Control
- 20 segment LED VU Meter (-20 to +25)
- +23dBu overload indicator
- Floating peak indicator
- All relay switching with gold bifurcated contacts
- Switched +48 Volt Phantom power
- 20dB pad on mic input
- All-metal construction with stainless steel chassis for noise immunity
- Custom aluminum knobs
- Power supply included
- Inputs: 2 x XLR, Outputs: 2 x XLR, 2 X TRS
- 1U 19” rack-mount case: 17” (43.18cm) width, 8.375” (21.27cm) depth, 1.625
- (4.13cm) height.
- Unit weight: 6.35 lbs. (2.88 kg)
- Box weight: 9.75 lbs. (4.42 kg)
- Box dimensions: L: 29” (73.66cm) (736.6mm) W: 14” (35.56cm) (355.6mm) H: 6” (15.24cm) (152.4mm)