This do all dynamic mic is one of the few that loves drums, guitar cabs, vocals and more...all in one mic!
Some products are born classics and the M 88 has to take centre-stage for being far ahead of its time when it was first introduced in the 1960`s. Incorporating a new low-mass diaphragm element, the M 88 TG has earned its place in history in the Kick Drum (for this application, the use of an external popshield like PS 88 or WS 59 is strongly recommended). Sound engineers have found that the lightning-fast transient response of the microphone reproduces the complex sound patterns of this instrument resulting in the tight `thump` without the need for complex signal processing.
This characteristic works equally well on other instruments especially where intricate low frequencies and their harmonics need to be captured. The M 88 TG is one of the most frequently specified microphones by sound engineers worldwide and heralded a beyerdynamic contemporary classic as this microphone becomes renown for capturing emotive audio signals.
Beyerdynamic M 88 TG Features
- Extended frequency range with very soft presence boost and exceptional bass reproduction
- High gain-before-feedback
- Integrated hum-buck coil
- High SPL handling capability
- Rugged construction
- Supplied with microphone clamp and storage bag
Beyerdynamic M 88 TG Specifications
- Transducer type: Moving coil (dynamic)
- Polar pattern microphone: Hypercardiod
- Microphone frequency response: 30 - 20.000 Hz
- Dimensions: 48.5 x 181 mm
- Net weight without packaging: 38