Directional ribbon mics are rare, and the M160 is ready to deliver a tight and present sound!
Beyerdynamic is one of few microphone manufacturers world-wide that still produce ribbon microphones. A classic one is the M 160, a dynamic double ribbon microphone. Featuring a hypercardioid polar pattern with a noise attenuation of 25 dB at 110°, the M 160 is an outstanding microphone which is very effective for all types of remote and in-studio voice reproduction. In the recording studio, the M 160 is recommended for miking string instruments such as violins, violas, cellos and for pianos, saxophones as well as for hi-hat and toms.
The non-glare black surface of the M 160 and its small dimensions allow the unobtrusive use in TV or film studios. In conjunction with the M 130 dynamic double ribbon microphone the M 160 is ideal for stereo recordings in MS technique.
Beyerdynamic M 160 Features
- Unique double ribbon microphone transducer
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Extended frequency response
- Excellent transparency and transient response
- Compact and rugged design
- Warm and natural sound
Beyerdynamic M160 Specifications
- Transducer type Ribbon (dynamic)
- Polar pattern microphone Hypercardiod
- Microphone frequency response 40 - 18,000 Hz
- Dimensions Length: 156 mm; Shaft diameter: 23 mm; Head diameter: 38 mm
- Net weight without packaging 230 g