This solid state FET version is an affordable way to take your studio up a level!
Like Father. Like Son.
The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic ‘47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr utilizes the same "true '47" k47 style capsule found in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
Quality components make a better mic.
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage part. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path then paired with an excellent true '47 style capsule allows this mic to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone at a much lower price tag.
The Warm Audio WA-47-B-80v capsule is also used in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone.
Zipper storage pouch
- 3 Polar Patterns
- High Pass Filter
- -10dB Pad Switch
- FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
- Custom made true '47-style k47 34mm capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v).
- Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
- Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
- High-pass filter: 70Hz
- Pad: -10db
- Self-noise: 9dBA
- Dynamic range: 138dBA
- Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
- S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
- Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
- Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
- 48v phantom powered
- 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
- Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
- Nickel Plated
- Weight: 1.1 lbs
- Diameter: 52mm
- Length: 210mm