This is the stereo pair of Pultec style equalizers, ships with factory installed rear trim pots or you can upgrade to front mounted pots with our ZenPro mod (additional charge).
These EQP-WA's have output gain pots on the rear of each unit, allowing users to perfectly match the tube makeup gain to each other, to calibrate units for unity gain within any given system, or to affect gain staging for driving the units for effect.
The result is a very seamless and lovely sounding control that adds great value to an already really cool product. Users have noticed that trimming all the way back allows for better headroom/tolerance of hot mix material, lower self-noise, etc.; while trimming all the way up adds more 'tube heft/tube gain' to individual tracks where added tube harmonics/roundness/thickness can be desired. Overall, a great addition to the product.
- Pair of Warm Audio EQP-WA
- Gain matching output pots installed (choose rear mount or $100 upgrade to optional face mount pots)
- ZenPro mod badge installed on rear (front mount mod version)
- Choose rear mount for pot installed on back of the unit (factory installed mod)
- Choose front mount for pot installed on the face of the unit (ZenPro installed mod, $100 upgrade charge)
Warm Audio EQP-WA Description
Warm Audio has carefully re-created the most renown tube Equalizer in studio history at an unheard of price. Not only does the look and feel of the EQP-WA match the classic Pultec units, but the sonic quality has been carefully considered by using top-end components such as CineMag transformers and premium tubes. This fully discrete Tube EQ can pull euphoric sonics from any track and bring a brilliance and luster to your final mixes that’s nearly impossible to achieve inside-the-box. Warm Audio has once again redefined the industry standard and brought a fully professional-grade piece of outboard gear to the market at a price that's making history.
Warm Audio EQP-WA Features
- Tube Equalizer based on the classic “Pultec” EQP-1A
- CineMag input and output transformers - Made in U.S.A.
- Premium high voltage 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
- CineMag inductor EQ section
- EQ section is bypassable - signal still passes through tubes and transformers for warming effect
- No insertion loss - loss restored by tube amplifier
- XLR and TRS transformer balanced inputs
- XLR and TRS transformer balanced outputs
- Flat frequency response from 20 Hz - 50 kHz
- Boost and Cut controls can be used simultaneously for phase effect
- Low frequency boost - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 12 db
- Low frequency cut - 20, 30, 60, 100, 200, 400, 800 Hz - 18 db
- High frequency boost - 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz - 18 db
- High frequency cut - 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 kHz - 14 db
- 5 added frequency points for greater flexibility
- Switchable 115/230 volt IEC power inlet
- Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 6 inches - 2RU rack mountable