This is the matched stereo pair, also available in singles.
The PPC-125 is a transformer-less electret condenser microphone designed for pro and semi-pro recording applications as well as sound reinforcement. The capsule is a 25mm unidirectional electret. The 25mm capsule was chosen for its warm tone similar to a large-diaphragm vocal microphone and its extended highs for the natural reproduction of acoustic instruments. The microphone is designed, built, and tested in Nashville TN. Each capsule is tested and selected for its sensitivity and uniform frequency response. The final microphone is tested as well against a calibrated laboratory standard instrumentation microphone to insure uniform response and sensitivity of each microphone. The electronic circuit is a proprietary topology developed by Stephen know as Pure Path Condenser “PPC”. PPC technology provides the cleanest path from the capsule to the output without coloration.
The housing design allows for a greater open area to the rear of the capsule compared to other microphones in this class. This allows for a uniform off-axis response which translates into a smooth sound and lower feedback due to sharp high-frequency peaks. The screen material in the housing has been tested and chosen for its shielding properties and transparency in the audio frequency range 20-20kHz. The housing is manufactured in Indiana at the HiPoint Machine shop. HiPoint manufactured many microphone components for Harman Pro (Crown, AKG, JBL) in the 90s and 2000s that are still offered by AKG. They also manufacture precision components for the medical industry. Teegarden Audio is committed to offering high precision, high-quality professional microphones designed, tested, and built in the USA for a competitive price to the audio community.
- All Discrete Design
- Transformer-less Balanced
- Tight production tolerances
- Larger (in class) 25mm Diaphragm
- Wide Smooth Frequency Response
- Proprietary PPC (Pure Path Condenser™) Technology
- Durable, Consistent, and Reliable
- Hand Built and Tested in the USA
- Type: 25mm Electret Cardioid Condenser
- Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-2 dB)
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 6mV/PA
- Max SPL for 3% Distortion: 140 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dBa (A weighted)
- Operating Voltage: 48v to 24v positive Vdc pins 2 & 3
- respective to pin1
- Current Drain: less than 4mA