It's time to get FAT, beef up your DI recordings and performances...as well as the ability to process line level sources!
There are many fine sounding vacuum tube direct boxes on the market. However, in our listening tests, none of them compare to the air and depth delivered by the Fatboy Tube DI. Simplicity and perfection meet.
As veteran recording and design engineers, we knew what we wanted to hear when we set out to bring the Fatboy Tube DI to the audio recording community. We, like many of you, have been missing the richness and definition of sound in modern recording equipment. A lot of this was due to a departure from proven classic design, the use of substandard parts and a slip in quality of manufacturing. We set out to put an end to these practices that were based largely on cutting costs and not improving sound quality.
Our team of electronic engineers and professional recording engineers are pleased to give you the definitive standard in instrument level direct injection recording – THE FATBOY TUBE DI
- Vacuum Tube (Valve) based Direct Injection Box (DI)
- Legacy design
- Compact, light weight yet extremely sturdy
- Hand Built in the USA
- Only the highest quality electronic parts
- Transformer Balanced LoZ XLR Outputs (Line Level and Mic Level)
- Pin 1 Ground Lifts
- WIll drive line level direct to converters and DAWs
- Frequency Response 3Hz – 30kHz
- Input impedance: 500K ohm
- Gain range: 27-28dB
- Maximum Output +18 dBu
- Noise (EIN): less than -120dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.2% 1KHz 1V
- Power Requirements: 100/120/VAC – 18W (24VAC)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 5.4” x 2.6” x 8” • Weight 5 lb. (2.27 kg.)