Superior parts and a clean signal path with no unnecessary circuitry means pure audio for your microphones!
Microphone Preamps are the hammers of the recording process. We set out to build a better hammer. This is not a a cheap copy of the preamp de jour or a vintage clone. It does have roots in vintage design practices and superior building techniques; featuring quality parts that have undergone extensive R&D listening tests. The only transformer in the audio path is the mic input transformer, much like the legendary Martin Sound MSS-10 and The Mastering Lab Pre. The Magic Pre shares the same design heritage as these world class units.
The Magic Pre 2100 is a two channel discrete Class A Mic Preamp that accurately captures the true essence and quality of fine instruments and voices. The 2100 is upgradable to the MP4100 at any time after purchase. The biggest feature is there is not a bunch of unneeded fluff and features to take its toll on the sound. Nothing gets in the way of your sound! Pure and simple, the Magic Pre 2100.
You won't find an all discrete mic pre at this price and with this sound anywhere else on the market.
- All Discrete Class A Classic Design
- Upgradable to 4 channels
- Not a clone
- High quality, accurate, Sifam VU Meters
- +48v Phantom Power (decouples completely from transformer)
- -20 dB Pad (complete bypass in off position)
- Silver Teflon & Mogami™ Interconnect wire where applicable
- Hand Built in the USA
- Only the highest quality electronic parts that vetted by years
- of triple blind R&D listening tests
- Frequency Response 5Hz – 35kHz (+/- 1 dB)
- Gain range: 55dB
- Maximum Output +24 dBu
- Noise (EIN): less than -121dB
- THD+N: <.02% 1KHz 1V
- Power Requirements: 100/120/220/240 VAC
- Dimensions (19 x 1.75 x 9)