Get the best of the bluestripe or blackface 1176 revisions, all in one, and all in one 500 series slot!
Size doesn’t matter. The Splice-500 packs all of the sound and functionality of the acclaimed Splice MKII rack into a single 500 series module. Faithfully recreating the circuitry and sound of not one, but two classic FET compressors, the Splice-500’s unique mode switching allows the user to switch between the classic Blackface or vintage Bluestripe circuits at the push of a button. In addition, the Splice-500 can also mix and match the two for entirely new sounds that can only be found with the Splice (i.e. Blue Input Circuitry + Black Output Circuitry for “Blueface” mode or Black Input Circuitry + Blue Output Circuitry for “Blackstripe” mode.
All units are made in the USA to an exceptional level of craft and workmanship.
Features and Specifications
- Four Compressor circuits in one box:
- Input Circuit Black + Output Circuit Black = “Classic Blackface Mode”
- Input Blue + Output Blue = “Classic Bluestripe Mode”
- Input Blue + Output Black = “Blueface Mode” (Unique to the Splice)
- Input Black + Output Blue = “Blackstripe Mode” (Unique to the Splice)
- Stereo Linkable w/ front panel switch
- “All Buttons In” / Slam Mode front panel switch
- Integrated Mix/Blend Control w/ switchable bypassing for in-the-box parallel processing
- Integrated Sidechain High Pass Filter
- Selectable 600R Output loading allows the user to easily optimize the Splice™ for use with both vintage and modern equipment
- 45dB of Gain (with no limiting)
- Attack Time – 20 to 800 Microseconds
- Release Time – 50 Milliseconds to 1.1 Seconds
- Compression Ratios – 2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 & Soft Bypass (BP)
- LED Gain Reduction Meter
- Backed by a 2 Year Limited Warranty