Think about why you reach for a good LA3A, now think of the Chimera in your API 500 Lunchbox as it delivers the control you expect and gorgeous tone!
The Serpent Chimera is a faithful replication of the classic LA3A design, available for the first time in 500 series. Featuring an all discrete circuit design, class AB transistor output, true T4B optical cell, and transformer balanced input & output, the Chimera delivers that thick, rich, & smooth opto compression sound that you're looking for. Built like a tank with zero compromises, the Chimera is Pro Audio at its finest, with Orange Drop and Elna capacitors, full steel enclosure & cover, Hard Bypass, Sifam VU meter, and PCX Power Monitoring* feature. The Serpent Chimera is made In the USA to the highest of production standards.
- All Discrete Transistor Design
- Transformer Balanced Input & Output
- True T4B Optical Cell (User Replaceable/Upgradable)
- Cinemag Input Transformer
- Custom Wound Output Transformer (Made to Original Specifications)
- Full Steel Enclosure & Cover (for maximum signal shielding)
- Infamous "Mod" Incorporated
- Hard Bypass (Relay Controlled)
- Stereo Linkable
- HF Sidechain Boost (for DeEssing)
- Compress/Limit Mode Sealed Pots
- Sifam VU Meter PCX Power Monitoring*
- VPR Compliant (100mA total power consumption)
- Made In The USA
*PCX Power Monitoring All new Serpent 500 Series products now feature our proprietary PCX Powering Monitoring Controller integrated into the 500 module for peace of mind. PCX gently soft starts power to the module both at power up and power down, ensuring that no inrush current takes place. Additionally, PCX constantly monitors the voltage power rails at both the rack's card edge and internally within the module itself. PCX will immediately disconnect power to the module in the event of an over or under voltage event at the rack's card edge due to power supply failure or instability, or in the unlikely event of a current overload within the module, virtually eliminating any chance your Serpent Gear would be harmed should the unexpected happen.