The mic's name, "K67x," refers both to the capsule design and circuit topology. The capsule is based on the K67, although we've built and voiced it with some proprietary tricks to create a sound unlike any other K67 capsule. The "x" in the model name refers to the transformer-coupled circuit, which gives the mic its trademark harmonic saturation.
- We match these mics to 0.5dB in sensitivity (measured at 1kHz), and 1.5dB (or better) in frequency response, 50Hz–15kHz.
This combination introduces a new color to the Mini K product line. The mic is not overtly colored, like the Mini K47, nor is it quite as flat and neutral as the Mini K87. The sonic inspiration for this model was the workhorse tube mic of the 1960s, which offered wideband frequency response and harmonics. We kept those characteristics in this incarnation.
Every Roswell microphone is subjected to a 24-hr "burn in" on our proprietary conditioning fixture, then tested extensively prior to shipping: polarity, noise, frequency response, sensitivity, and more. We perform an acoustic sweep test and listen to every microphone multiple times before it leaves our facility.
The Mini K67x has a durable gray metallic paint finish. Each mic ships with our exclusive Cutaway™ shockmount, Roswell branded microfleece mic sock, and an upgraded flight case.
- Proprietary 34mm capsule design
- Vintage circuit design with custom output transformer
- Hand-picked, audiophile-grade capacitors
- Heavy, solid steel body with durable finish
- Unique, wideband frequency response with extended "air"
- Harmonic saturation from transformer-coupled circuit
- Designed, assembled, and tested in California
- Factory Matched Stereo Pair
- Cutaway shockmounts
- Flight case