Milab's smooth off axis response and unique capsule are sure to be a standout in your recording studio's mic locker!
This is the stereo matched pair.
A highly compact and versatile microphone offering three different polar patterns, low self-noise and excellent SPL handling.
The DC-196 is a versatile power tool built around the latest version of Milab’s rectangular capsule (the 2900). It offers low noise, selectable patterns (cardioid, omni, bidirectional), excellent SPL handling and an extremely smooth off-axis response – all in a very compact format. In fact, the DC-196 is one of the smallest large-diaphragm microphones ever produced.
The DC-196 shines on transient-rich sources like acoustic instruments and, thanks to the unique properties of the rectangular capsule, it excels in recording situations where a smooth off-axis response is crucial, such as string ensembles and choirs, but also stereo setups like X/Y and Blumlein where large-diaphragm microphones are usually avoided.
A matched pair of DC-196’s will fulfill the needs of even the most demanding recording engineers.
What's In The Box
- (2) Milab DC-196 Microphones
- (2) 3227 Shockmounts
- (2) 3403 Windscreens
- Frequency response graphs
- SKBi3 Case
- Frequency response ( see graph ) 20 - 20 000 Hz
- Polar pattern Cardioid, Omni, Figure-of-eight
- Pre-attenuation (switchable) -12 dB
- Max. SPL ( 1 % THD at 1 kHz) 132/144 dB
- Sensitivity at 1kHz 21,5 mV / Pa ± 1 dB
- A-weighted noise level ( IEC 179-A) 12 dB
- Power supply 48 V ± 4 V phantom
- Current consumption 4,2 mA
- Output impedance < 200 Ω
- Minimum load impedance 1 kΩ
- Connection 3-pin XLR
- pin 1: ground ( Shield )
- pin 2: plus ( Hot )
- pin 3: minus ( Cold )
- Net weight 240 g
- Length 145 mm
- Diameter 30 mm