Honey, I shrunk the Fairchild into a 500 series form!
The Fairchild for the rest of us!. The first ever stereo Vari-MU compressor in a 2 slot 500 series module, based on the renowned Fairchild and Heritage Audio’s own HERCHILD model 670.
Heritage Audio has undertaken an unprecedented engineering effort to encapsulate all the charm of the HERCHILD 670 into a more affordable unit so that the flavor of its predecessor is now available for studios with all types of budgets.
Welcome to the next generation. The first ever stereo Vari-MU compressor in a 2 slot 500 series module, based on the renowned Fairchild, could not have existed without the years of experience in building the most complex 500 series modules on the market together with the years of studying and developing the HERCHILD models 660 and 670.
With 4 NOS tubes and 3 transformers at its core, you can be sure your tracks will receive the attention they deserve with all the warmth and punch you can imagine while maintaining almost no noise or distortion at all making it a great option for Mixing and Mastering.
All the warmth and punch you can imagine while maintaining almost no noise or distortion making it a great option for Mixing and Mastering. 5 Attack and Release times have been made even more flexible than in the original unit. Progressive DC Threshold, combining control of the ratio and the knee (from hard limiting to a very smooth transparent compression).
Enjoy the sound that has blessed thousands and thousands of hits throughout the years. Feel the warmth as it hugs your tracks and makes them stand out proudly from all the rest. The GRANDCHILD has the soul of its predecessor, assuring that the king of tube compression sound, that influenced hundreds and hundreds of classic tunes, is now available for you to craft your very own masterpieces!
- The Fairchild for the rest of us.
- A true recreation of the classic Fairchild sound in a convenient and affordable 2-slot-unit 500 series module.
- Real Vari-MU compression powered by 2 NOS military grade 6BA6 tubes per channel and 3 custom made transformers at its core.
- 5 Attack and Release times have been made even more flexible than in the original unit.
- Immediate access to the continuously variable slope.
- Clean, intelligent design to guarantee many years of use.