True to the source and high in detail, this omni stereo mic pair brings more than what expensive models deliver at half the price while built in the USA!
The STO-2 is a pressure transducer. So are your ears. No Coincidence. We started out looking for a natural sounding mic and this is what we came up with.
Sold in matched pairs, (two ears right?) the STO-2's are perfect for capturing instruments that need no flattery. With a matched pair, stereo is no problem - Jecklin disk or spaced pair - it will sound like you are standing there.
Avenson Audio STO-2 Specifications
- Transducer Type: 0.25" Electret condenser pressure
- Polar Pattern: Omni-Directional
- Output Level: 5.25 (mV/Pa)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0/-2 db)
- Equivalent Noise (A-weighted): 28 dB
- Maximum SPL: 145 dB (with 48V powering)
- Output Impedance: 20Ω (load ≥ 1kΩ )
- Power Requirements: P48 phantom power (~6 mA)
- Weight: 3.6 oz (100 g)