Serpent Audio SB4001
Stereo Compressor for 500 Series, FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
Status: Usually Ships Same or Next Business Day
FREE Global Ship: Yes!
Serpent Audio SB4001 Stereo 500 Mix Buss Compressor Description
Go hear the SB4001 now in the Clipalator, against the classic it emulates...wow!
The Serpent Audio SB4001 pushes the limits and sets new standards for the 500 Series Format. Boasting Quad VCA's, 6 ratio's, 10 Attack Times, High Pass/Boost/Slope Sidechain Filters, Wet/Dry Blend Control, External (Key) Input, Classic Stepped Release Settings, Classic And Alternate Auto Release, Variable Release Control, as well as "Grind" Mode (a proprietary valve style harmonic drive adding vintage color), the SB4001 is capable of delivering whatever sound you need. Whether Clean, Dirty, Vintage, Subtle, or Crushed, the SB4001 is sure to be one of the most flexible compressors in your arsenal.
Serpent Audio SB4001 Overview:
- 100% Made in the City of Brotherly Love: Philadelphia, USA.
- Quad VCA's (For Superior Dynamic Range)
- Electronically Balanced
- True Bypass (Relay Controlled)
- Protection From 48V Phantom Power
- Light Weight Aluminum Construction Won't Rust.
- Powder Coated Front Panel For Extra Durability.
- All Hand Made Thru Hole Main Audio Path
- All Hand Placed SMT Sidechain and Supporting Circuitry
- Ratios - 1.5,2,4,6,8,10
- Attack Times (Stepped) - .1,.3,1,3,5,10,15,20,25,30,40,50
- Release Times (Stepped) - .3,.6,1.2, Classic Auto release (A1), Alternate Auto Release (A2)
- Release Times (Variable - Engaged By Last Position On Stepped Switch) - Any Time From .1 Sec to 1.2 Sec
- Sidechain Filters - 60Hz, 90Hz, 120Hz, Boost Mode, Slope Mode
- Wet/Dry Blend (For Parallel Processing)
- "Grind" Mode - Special Valve Style Harmonic Drive Mode, adding vintage color
- External/Key Input - Accepts Balanced or Unbalanced Inputs (inserted before sidechain filters)
- Gain (-6 to +18)
- Sealed Premium Grayhill Rotary Switches
- Sealed Bourns 51 Series Audio Line Pots
- All Machined Aluminum Knobs