Hand made in the USA and calibrated by David Bock himself, a new standard for microphones has been set by Universal Audio!
The UA Bock 187 large-diaphragm FET condenser mic will give your studio the classic tone of the legendary U87* with modern sonic enhancements. Each microphone is handmade in Santa Cruz, California, to the exacting specifications of world-renowned mic designer David Bock.
Add a Handmade Masterpiece to your Mic Locker
The UA Bock 187 is David Bock's inspired take on the legendary U87 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 187 mic gives you the "golden unit" tone of an iconic studio staple.
Capture Classic Sounds, with Modern Flexibility
Vintage U87 mics are known for their presence, but can get strident when pushed. Our UA Bock 187 enhances this classic design with a larger transformer, refined circuitry, and a unique "fat" mode that delivers a boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz. This translates into more dynamic range, presence, and fullness on vocals, guitars, and more.
- Premium large-diaphragm cardioid FET studio condenser mic, lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Minimalist Class A FET circuitry
- Large Cinemag output transformer for rich bass and increased low-frequency headroom
- "Fat" mode provides low-end boost between 10 Hz and 400 Hz
- Lo-cut (120 Hz), Pad (-10 dB)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 16 kHz, ±2 dB
- Max SPL: 125 dB SPL, 1% THD
- Requires 48v phantom power
- Premium wood storage case