The T-Komp has a unique design which offers a modern take on the old vari-mu ratio curve. The ratio is level dependent and increases with the signal level, a feature that will give you numerous possibilities.
To make the T-Komp more useful it has two ratio ranges. The first one goes up to 20:1, perfect for instrument tracking and smashing drums etc., the second, 2:1, is a more narrow range which makes it more suitable for bus compression.
The RMS detector has five settings, four from fast to slow where number four, the slowest, is similar to the old 160VU. The fifth position is a program dependent adaptive mode.
- Ratio which increases with the signal level
- Two ratio ranges, 1:1 to 20:1 or 1:1 to 2:1
- Five RMS settings, fast to slow and an adaptive mode
- Blend control for parallel compression
- Make-up gain: 0 to +20dB
- Blend control: from dry to wet
- medium fast
- medium slow
- slow (160VU)
- program dependent adaptive mode
- In: compression in/out
- 2:1: selects a more narrow ratio range
- Gain reduction meter
- Input impedance: 24kohm
- Output impedance: 50ohm
- Max in/output level: +26dBu
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0,1dB
- Signal to noise ratio @ 0dBu: better than 94dB
- THD: level and compression dependent, mostly even harmonics