Nice tone and tons of gain make this versatile preamp a winner, add one to your collection today or make it your only pre!
Full-plate voltage matters
The proper amount of voltage to a tube and solid-state circuit can make all the difference in the quality of the sound. The 2BA-221 is made with the highest quality full-voltage tube and solid-state signal paths and the best components available. The 2BA-221 even has a separate, dedicated power source for its 48V phantom power, and does not draw current away from the main circuits.
Let signal flow
Integrating the 2BA-221 into your studio or live rig is easy given the comprehensive selection of input and output options provided. We designed the connections of the 2BA-221 with creative options in mind.
Variable tube output control
Another really cool feature is its variable tube output control, which provides access to a huge variety of tones, from clean solid state to rich harmonics and all sorts of variations in between. What a benefit to have one preamp and still have the advantages of many different sounds! The 2BA-221’s single 12AX7A Tube provides rich, warm tone and is easy to find and replace.
Really well built
The Summit Audio design philosophy considers the entire package when it comes to crafting gear. We pay special attention to the details of construction and have included many refinements over the years so units are durable enough to handle the rigors of the road. That is one of the reasons why you will find Summit gear on tour with many of today’s top touring acts around the world.
Hand-crafted in the USA
Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in our shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
Summit Audio 2BA-221 Specifications
- Internal AC Supply
- 20 watts, 115, 50 or 60 Hz (USA model)
- Fuse size .5 amp, slo-blo for 100/115 V
- Fuse size .25 amp, slo-blo at 230 V
- Input Impedendance
- Mic: 1.5K ohms
- Hi-Z: 10K-1.75M ohms
- Output impedance (XLR): 150 ohms
- Mic Input: +4 dB female XLR
- Line Input: -10 dB 1/4" balanced
- Outputs: +4 dB male XLR and 1/4" -10 dB balanced
- Stacking Input/Output: -10 dB balanced
- Max input level:
- Mic: -16dBu
- Line: 22dBu
- Hi-Z: 15dBu
- Operating Measurements
- Max output level (XLR): 25dBu
- Max gain: 75dB
- Equivalent input noise: -135dB average 10Hz-20kHz
- Frequency response: 10Hz- 50kHz (-1dB)
- Signal to noise ratio: 115dB average 10Hz- 20kHz
- THD + Noise: 0.055%, -32dB in +4dB out, 1 kHz
- Vacuum tubes: 12AX7A
- Warranty: 3 year limited warranty