The sE8 - small in stature, huge in sound.
Fit for any challenges in the studio or on stage, the sE8 is a brand new high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser, fresh from the labs at sE.
Its new hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it's never harsh or aggressive - perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads.
It's also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet - and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE8 is ready for any sounds you’re making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications.
HANDCRAFTED TRUE CONDENSER CAPSULE
gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability
every capsule is handcrafted and individually tuned in our very own factory
ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transients
newly-developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound & truly consistent off-axis response
sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
avoids coloration in demanding applications
What's In The Box
- sE8 microphone
- mic clip (with thread adapter)
- wind screen
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted Small-Diaphragm True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 25 mV/Pa (-32 dBV)
- Max SPL: 139 / 149 / 159 dBSPL (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 126 / 136 / 146 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 110 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 2.7 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 23mm (0.91 in), Length 120mm (4.72 in)
- Weight: 141 g (4.97 oz.)