The sE7 is a high-quality back-electret small diaphragm condenser microphone intended for a wide range of studio and live sound applications, from acoustic guitars to pianos to drums and beyond.
With an optimized acoustic design, discrete class-A circuitry and a transformerless output, it delivers clear, natural sound quality at all frequencies, without suffering from fizzy highs or a lack of low-frequency punch.
The discrete electronics and the switchable attenuation pad ensure a high dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components. The switchable low-cut filter helps eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the sE7 to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums.
Reliable operation even in demanding on-stage applications in difficult environments is ensured by the roadworthy all-metal design, robust construction, and high-quality manufacturing standards.
In The Box
- sE7 microphone
- mic clip (with thread adapter)
- wind screen
- Capsule Type: 1/2“ back-electret condenser capsule
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 19 mV/Pa (-34.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 136 / 156 dBSPL (0/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 120 / 140 dB (0/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: <200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 3.0 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 23mm (0.91 in), Length 120mm (4.72 in)
- Weight: 128 g (4.52 oz.)