Built around many of the topologies and custom transformers made famous with the 5088 mixer, the 5059 is a 16x2+2 summing mixer designed to deliver the ultimate out of the box sonics and control in a 2U,rack-mountable chassis.
The 5059 features 16 channels with individual level, pan, inserts, stereo-2 sends, and master texture controls, providing easy integration with outboard equipment, complete control for two separate stem mixes, and the ability to dial in analog mojo in two modes. With the same sonic heritage as mixers used to create countless hit records, the 5059 Satellite imbues your tracks with the legendary warmth and presence of a Rupert Neve design.
The Signature of Excellence
The most important element of the 5059 is its legendary sound, the keys to which are the custom transformers and true class-A topologies found within. The +/- 24V class-A topologies in the 5059 have been fine-tuned over a number of years to provide exceptional sonic performance and to completely eliminate crossover distortion. When combined with Mr. Rupert Neve’s transformer design and implementation, the 5059 achieves a remarkable purity, while also conveying the signature warmth and
larger-than-life sound reminiscent of Rupert’s classic designs.
One drawback to mixing “in the box” is the inability to use high quality analog outboard equipment. Channel inserts are provided in the 5059 to streamline interconnections with analog outboard equipment and to allow for further expansions of the 5059’s capabilities. By connecting a second 5059 to the insert outputs of a 5059, the dual stereo outputs can be used as a way to add 4 auxes to each of the 16 channels. When used with other products from Rupert Neve Designs’ summing family, the 5059 becomes an integral part of a complete modular system for world-class analog mixing and monitoring.
The 5059 also offers a fantastic solution for keyboard or individual instrument mixing, with its 16 pannable inputs, inserts and returns for effects and pedals, and up to 10dB of gain. It also allows for recording a stacked mix of sounds while simultaneously recording each of them individually via the “always on” insert sends.
From Clean to Colored and Everywhere in Between
Every mix demands its own treatment. Continuously variable Texture controls with Silk Red and Silk Blue modes allow the engineer to fine-tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of each stereo send of the 5059 – or to leave each mix pristine and uncolored. The Silk Red mode accentuates the transformer saturation in the highs and high-mid frequencies to add a “sparkle” to tracks, while Silk Blue accentuates the saturation of the lows and low-mid frequencies to add thickness and density to any source – especially useful for dry, somewhat anemic mixes. Unlike EQ, these Silk & Texture controls saturate the output transformers, and add musical harmonics to the source material according to the amount of Texture applied. Drive the mix buss hard and crank the Texture knob for a rich, saturated, vintage vibe – or disengage Silk entirely for clear, wide-open sonic beauty.
Stem It or Sum It
Aside from providing aux functionality with a second 5059 module, the dual stereo outputs of the 5059 are generally used for creating analog stem mixes. These stem mixes can be enhanced using the Silk / Texture controls on the 5059, then processed by buss compressors or other devices, and fed into inputs of another mixer or an ADC. With 16 channels of Rupert Neve designed class-A magic and numerous tonal and routing options, the 5059 Satellite mixer will elevate your DAW-based studio’s sound and performance to new heights.
- New Class-A Topologies
- With classic tone and incredible sonic purity, the 5059 sets the standard for rack-mountable summing
- Continuously variable control for Silk Red and Blue modes allows the engineer to fine-tune the harmonic
- ratio and tonality of both stereo outputs.
- Custom Transformers
- Beyond providing galvanic isolation, the custom Rupert Neve Designs transformers in the 5059 are a key
- ingredient to its larger-than-life sound.
- Dual Stereo Outputs
- Split the input channels into two stems for further processing and mixing, with independent Silk controls.
- Channel Level
- Individual level controls are provided for each channel from -∞ to +10dB.
- Channel Pan
- Individual pan controls are provided on each channel with a 3dB pan law.
- Channel Inserts
- Individual Insert sends and returns are available on each of the 16 inputs. The insert returns may also be
- used as a secondary selectable input. The sends are always active, and can be used to mult the input
- signal to a secondary destination.
- Frequency Response:
- 100K Load,
- = +/- 0.1dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- -3dB @ 3.5Hz / 185kHz
- Buss Outputs: -106dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -104dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: 103dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -100dBV
- Unweighted, 22Hz – 22kHz
- Buss Outputs:
- Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -101dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: -100dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -97dBV
- Signal to Noise
- +20dBu output unweighted, 22 – 22kHz: 116dB
- +20dBu output, IEC A weighted: 119dB
- +4dBu output unweighted, 22 – 22kHz: 100dB
- +4dBu output, IEC A weighted: 103dB
- Output Level:
- Summing Busses to XLR outputs, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +26dBu
- Single Channel to Buss, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +24.5dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise:
- 1kHz @+20dBu output: better than 0.003%
- 20Hz @+20dBu output: better than 0.005%
- Total Harmonic Distortion, Silk Engaged:
- Blue Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock: 0.2% typical
- Blue Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.65% typical
- Red Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock: 0.1% typical
- Red Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.35% typical
- Slew Rate:
- Buss1 to Buss2
- 1kHz: Better than -90dB
- 10kHz: Better than -70dB
- Power Consumption:
- AC Mains, 100VAC to 240VAC, 50/60Hz: 45 Watts
- Fuses – not user accessible, internal on power supplies
- Product Dimensions: 3.5”H (2U), 19”W, 8”D
- Shipping Dimensions: 22” x 17” x 8”
- Shipping Weight: 20 lbs