If you are looking for authority and tone then your search is over, this tube compressor limiter has it all!
The Retro 176 is based on a Bill Putnam classic, the UA 176. The Retro 176 faithfully reproduces the sound of the 1960s original with new features for the modern recording studio. The Retro 176 provides one of the most desirable compression signatures in recording history. read about the Bill Putnam original here.
The Retro 176 Limiting Amplifier has the largest feature set in any variable-mu design.
RETRO Instruments 176 Limiting Amplifier Features
- Precision Knob scales for easy recallability
- Continuously variable attack and release time
- Four settings of compression ratio from soft compression to limiting (2:1, 4:1, 8:1, 12:1)
- Wide-Range Sidechain Highpass Filter
- Vocal Asymmetry Tool
- Hard-wire Bypass Switch
- Interstage Transformer Bypass Switch
- High Quality VU Meter switchable between Input, Output and Gain Reduction
- XLR input and output connections
- IEC power connector
- 115/230V AC Mains
- Integral tube balance test
- Easy stereo strapping of two or more units
- Selected NOS tubes and components
RETRO Instruments 176 Limiting Amplifier Specifications
- 20 dB of available gain reduction
- Signal to noise ratio of greater than 76dB
- Flat frequency response within 0.5dB from 20-20,000Hz and Harmonic Distortion of less than 1% from 0-15dB gain reduction