The PunchLight recording indicator is designed for anybody working in project, dubbing, or post production studios who needs visual confirmation of when a recording begins or ends. This simple, precise and easy to use device is perfect for musicians and sound engineers as well as film, TV and video editors.
PunchLight Midi uses MIDI data transmitted by Pro Tools or another DAW. It also has a ‘record-ready‘ mode which is useful for actors in a dubbing studio and for larger groups of musicians. The device has its own visual signaling system as well as an ability to control any signaling systems already installed in the studio. PunchLight Midi is easy
to install and use in any studio environment.
The PunchLight Midi is a switcher interface to connect up to three of the light units such as the RECORDING Display, RECORDING PlexSign, RECORDING Lamp or RECORDING Strip. This box connects to any MIDI interface; it works in Pro Tools or in Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Samplitude and Digital Performer. A 12V PSU is included.
PunchLight MIDI Features
- Switcher and power supply unit for the RECORDING Display, RECORDING PlexSign, RECORDING Lamp or RECORDING Strip.
- HOLD buttons for manual switching RED and GREEN light
- Connects to any MIDI interface
- A two-color LED indicates recording (red) and record ready/preroll (green)
- Size - 105mm x 38mm x 104mm (w x h x d) 4.1" x 1.5" x 4"
PunchLight MIDI Supported Host Applications
- Cubase / Nuendo
- Pro Tools LE / HD
- Logic Pro
- Digital Performer
- Samplitude and Sequoia