Many sound engineers believe that the passive equalizer is a cure for all digital evils. A distinctive characteristic of the IGS Audio Rubber Bands Equalizer is its stereophonic structure, where the manual selecting of components with an accuracy of 1% allows for perfectly synchronous manipulation of both channels. The inputs and outputs are transformer balanced.
The Rubber Bands EQ consists of two blocks: The first block is a classic passive filter well known from the EQP-1 Pultec equalizer. The second block is a specially designed two-stage tube amplifier called Organic Amp.
The new design includes a bypass relay, which allows you to instantly compare the results of your work. The equalizer has been divided into 4 sections: 2 for bass and 2 for treble. Frequencies are being selected with stepped switches. Boosting and cutting are controlled continuously. Manipulators featured are Bass Boost, Bass Cut, High Boost (with the choice of Q) and High Cut. Interactions of filters that allow simultaneous boosting and cutting of certain frequencies can produce amazing sound effects.
IGS Audio EQ2P Rubber Bands Specifications
- Boost/Cut Range: +/- 15 dB
- Hard wire bypass: Yes
- All stepped manipulators: For frequency selection
- Q factor: 0.5 to 4
- Input Impedance (balanced): 10k ohm
- Output Impedance (balanced): 600 ohm
- Audio transformers: Yes, Carnhill, Edcor
- Operating Level: +4 dBu
- Max input level: +18 dBu
- Max output level: +22 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 95 dBA @ 1kHz, +18dBu
- Fequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz; +/- 0.3dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dBA
- THD: 0.25% @ 20-20kHz
- THD+N: 0.33% @ 20-20kHz
- IMD (SMPTE): 0.32% @ 20-20kHz
- Crosstalk: 80 dB @ 20-20kHz
- Voltage: 115/230V AC, 50 - 60Hz
- Power consumption: 34W
- Power supply: External