This 500 series preamp is loaded with options galore, and it loves mics as well as line level sources!
The MD7 is gain staged in a way that allows you to use it as a mic pre (with no pad needed) or to select line level and run tracks from your DAW through it if desired. There is stepped as well as additional fine gain control available. It functions as a DI for instrument use, or you can use the 1/4" jacks on the face as an insert send and return which allows you to track live with compression or EQ, and interface easily with pre-recorded tracks during mixdown. The MD7 also has a high pass filter (rumble filter), phase reverse and 48V phantom power for condenser mics.
It may be a Swiss Army knife of preamps, but it's hand built in the USA.
- Gain range from 0dB – 64dB in 4dB steps for recall-ability
- Input Trim control for fine control of gain
- Utilizes the discrete 1122 op-amp known for depth and resolution
- All discrete design with class A buffer amplifier
- Wide bandwidth, high headroom, low noise
- NO PAD, NO IC’s, and NO Surface Mount Components
- Line Input to interface with DAW’s
- Phase reverse, and filtered 48V phantom power
- High Pass Filter using a gentle slope for natural bass roll-off
- 10 Meg-ohm high impedance DI input great for all instrument pickups
- SEND feature to run signal through stomp boxes for variety of effects
- Frequency Response: <10Hz to -3dB at 75kHz
- Input Impedance: ≅1500 ohms
- Output Impedance: <75 ohms
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >123dB min @ 60Hz
- Maximum Output Level: +28.8 dBu @ 100KΩ, +27.4 dBu @ 600Ω
- Power Requirements: ±16 vdc @ 35mA per rail
- Gain Voltage: 0 to 22 Volts
- Gain dB: 0 to 64.7 dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: −114 dBu; Unweighted 300kHz bandwidth
- Weight: 2.6 lbs / 1.18kg