500 Series Stereo Buss Compressor with Thrust Circuit, Three Knee Settings, Classic 2520 Op-amp Design
Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Another old school design meets modern features and build, ready for your stereo mix in 500 rack!
The new 529 Stereo Compressor combines the unmistakable sound of API's compression technology with the convenience and popularity of the API 500 Series format. Carefully designed to deliver a wide range of compression options, the 529 delivers warmth, clarity and punch, whether used for subtle adjustments or heavy compression effects.
Based on the unprecedented success of the 2500, the 529 takes many of the features and controls from API's famous stereo compressor and puts them into the first dual slot 500 series module from API. This stereo compressor features API's patented THRUST® circuitry for a punchy low end, along with an Old/New switch that lets you choose between classic and modern compression characteristics: Old for vintage-style feedback compression and New for today's more common feed-forward compression. The Auto-makeup Gain button lets you adjust ratio and threshold controls without affecting the output level. Using API's discrete op-amps and transformer technology, the 529 delivers the legendary analog sound of API. The 529 is backed by API's unique 5 year warranty.
- Continuously variable detented Gain, Threshold, Attack, Ratio and Release controls
- 10 segment LED meters show Gain Reduction and selectable Input or Output Level
- Over Threshold LED
- Patented THRUST® Switch for frequency dependent side chain control
- 3 selectable compressor curve Knee settings
- Selectable New or Old switch for feed-forward or feed-back operation
- Selectable variable or auto compressor make-up gain
- Three way In/Out including full hard relay bypass
- Audio circuit uses 2520 and 2510 Discrete Op Amps with transformer output
- Size: 3" X 5.25" X 7"
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 11" X 7" X 7"
- Actual Weight: 2.4 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 3.0 lbs.
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY extends the standard manufacturer warranty by one year, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.