This intuitive equalizer for 500 series gives you ultimate control over ten bands, quick and easy carving of your tracks!
Originally conceived for use in API consoles of the '60s and '70s, the 560 is a unique device designed to accomplish tasks that no other EQ can. Extremely fast to set and reset using accurate zero detents, the curve shaping potential of the 560 remains unmatched. With a wide range of 500 mounting options, from racks to consoles, the 560 proves an invaluable asset to all critical performance applications. Based on API's original 560 EQ, the current production 560 has improved resolution in the ±4 dB area and possesses our exclusive circuitry and proprietary components, including the API 2520 Op Amp.
The extraordinary headroom made possible with the 2520 offers consistent analog performance even when using radical EQ curves. Of course, the 2520's ability to drive low impedance loads is key when it is paired with API's custom output transformers. The results are quite audible with better low frequency reproduction and tighter imaging, which gives you that legendary API "punch in your gut" sound.
The 10 precision EQ bands make the 560 ideal for signal sweetening and room tuning. A great companion to a parametric EQ, the 560 utilizes API's unique "Proportional Q" design introduced during the '60s. This design intuitively widens the filter bandwidth at lower boost/cut levels and narrows it at higher settings. Additionally, boost and cut characteristics are identical, allowing previous actions to be undone if desired.
Reliable, durable and uniform, the API 560 EQ delivers that "one-of-a-kind API sound" with precision easy set filtering and high headroom in a compact package. If you want the sound of classic American music in an easy-to-set graphic EQ package, you want the API 560.
- 10 bands of API proprietary equalization
- Familiar graphics operation on one octave centers
- 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Additional resolution within the ±4 region
- Center detent for reliable reset
- Silent bypass button
- Based on the original 1969 API 560 EQ
- Number of Bands: 10
- Filter Type: Proportional Q, Octave entered, Continuously Adjustable Level
- Filter Frequency Centers: 31, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz
- Filter Boost/Cut: +/- 12 dB
- Filter Slope: 12 dB per Octave at full boost or cut
- Input Impedance: 20k Resistive, Balanced
- Output Impedance: Less than 85 Ohms
- Nominal Levels: -15 to +15 dBu
- Clipping Level: Better than +28 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, -.25, 30 Hz to 20kHz
- Noise: -95 dBu EQ Out, -90 dBu EQ In, Unweighted 20 to 20kHz
- Distortion: .05% max, @ +20 dBu Output
- Connectors: 15 position .156 sp edge connector
- Power Requirements: ± 12/18 Volts/DC @ 60 ma.
- Rack Frame and Power
- Supply Options: Fits 500V (10 slot rack, requires API 200PS Power Supply, 500H
- (2 slot rack, internal power supply), 500b "lunchbox®" (4 slot portable rack with internal power supply), API Legacy Consoles and vintage API Classic Consoles.
- Size: 1.5" X 5.25" X 6.75" Deep
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 4.5" X 6.5" X 10.25"
- Actual Weight: 1.61 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 2.03 lbs.