Yamaha HS8 ZenPro Mod Pair
8 Inch Studio Monitor Featuring our ZenPro Modification, Stereo Pair
What We Do
- Stock op-amps are replaced with Burr Brown brand (which delivers over 10x the slew rate, increasing detail and clarity)
- Electrolytic capacitors in the signal path are replaced with Panasonic low ESR type caps, in combination with high quality WIMA polypropylene caps
- Limiter circuit is disabled (preventing compression of the bass response, and allowing midrange transients the ability to punch)
The original Yamaha warranty is voided, however our work is warranted on a repair labor plus parts basis for 12 months from purchase date. There are no user serviceable parts inside, you agree to contact us with any questions or issues regarding warranty.
Yamaha HS8 Description
When selecting studio reference monitors for mixing and music production, one consideration takes precedence above all others— accuracy.
Beginning with the legendary NS-10M, and continuing with the MSP and previous HS Series, this new lineup shares a design philosophy that emphasizes sonic purity without any coloring or alternation of the original sound. While many manufacturers seek to enhance the sound of their monitors to make them sound impressive, Yamaha studio monitors are designed to achieve the best possible mix by ensuring that the sound from your speakers is true to the original. HS Series nearfield reference monitors are the embodiment of this philosophy, delivering a concise sound image, high resolution, and flat response.
Newly Developed Transducers
The HS Series features newly developed transducers that achieve astonishingly smooth response over a wide range of bandwidth. These transducers utilize an advanced magnetic field design that regulates the flow of magnetic response to provide seamless, natural sonic transitions. Each component's materials and design were carefully re-examined, then optimized, to drastically improve the accuracy of signal reproduction throughout the audio spectrum.
The HS Series features a newly designed, highly efficient 1” dome tweeter that extends the usable frequency range considerably and delivers superb high-resolution sound. Utilizing a thick wave guide designed to minimize vibration the new tweeter is able to deliver smooth, distortion-free high end up to 30 kHz.
With newly designed, ultra-responsive woofers that utilize large, carefully selected magnets, HS Series monitors produce low distortion sound with a well-defined bottom end at any output level. All of the components in these high-power woofers, including the woofer ring and the basket further contribute to the HS Series' stunning bass while providing clear, accurate mids.
Low Resonance Enclosure Design
HS Series cabinets are designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and increase the accuracy of sound reproduction to their extreme limit. The enclosures are constructed from a very dense and resilient MDF with a damped acoustic response that is perfectly suited for reference monitors. Drawing from Yamaha's over 100 years of piano design experience, HS Series engineers also employed a traditional three-way mitered-joint technique. Common to architectural design this construction firmly anchors the corners of the enclosure to dramatically improve durability and eliminate unwanted resonance that can influence overall sound.
Cutting Edge Noise Reduction Technology
Speaker port design can greatly influence the clarity of overall sound. Often a vortex at the either end of the port can generate air vibrations inside of the port, causing unwanted noise. By adopting an advanced noise reduction technology that incorporates a thorough analysis of a visual representation of the sound, Yamaha's engineers are able to control and reduce the vortex. Through this in-depth analysis we have arrived at the ideal port design, resulting in a reduction of audible noise up to 6dB. The utilization of this state-of-the-art technology allows HS Series studio monitors to meet the demands of more strict professional production environments.
Controls and Connectivity
HS Series full-range models feature two response controls with detailed settings that allow them to adapt to the surface acoustics of rooms of varying shape and size. ROOM CONTROL allows you to attenuate the unnatural, exaggerated low-end that can often occur when speakers are placed next to walls, while HIGH TRIM allows for more flexible control of high frequency response. For inputs, HS full-range speakers can accommodate a wide range of balanced and unbalanced sources such as mixers, keyboards and audio interfaces with XLR and TRS phone jacks. With the HS8S subwoofer, HIGH CUT control sets the cutoff frequency of subwoofer output high-frequency attenuation from 80Hz to 120Hz, while PHASE switch adjusts the phase of the subwoofer output. The LOW CUT switch and LOW CUT controls enables attenuation of low frequencies for output between 80Hz and 120Hz. The HS8S subwoofer is equipped with XLR and TRS phone jack inputs and for outputs XLR for L and R and EXT SUB out.
Yamaha HS8 Features
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8” cone woofer and 1” dome tweeter
- 38Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 120W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
Yamaha HS8 Specifications
- Model: HS8
- System Type: 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 38Hz - 30kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Transducers: 8" cone, 1" dome
- Output Power: 120W (75W + 45W)
- Input Sensitivity/ Impedance: -10 dBu/ 10k ohms
- Input Connectors (Parallel): XLR / TRS 1/4"
- LEVEL control (+4dB/center click)
- EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF)
- ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
- Indicator: Power ON : White LED
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Enclosure: Type: Bass-reflex type, material = MDF
- Dimensions W x H x D mm (inch): 9.8" x 15.4 "x 13.1"
- Weight: 22.5 lbs
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.