If it's time to bring character to your tracks, the LA-610 knows how to deliver with tube and opto compressor goodness!
A classic tube mic preamp & LA-2A-style compressor in a single unit.
The LA-610 MkII combines a hand-built in the USA, all-tube, vintage mic preamp design — heard on classic albums by Coldplay, The Beach Boys, and Van Halen — with authentic Teletronix T4 opto-compression circuitry.
This classic channel strip design, with its warm preamp tone and smooth, natural-sounding compression, is updated with modern, user-requested features like true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and an auto-switching power supply.
The Legendary 610 Preamp
The LA-610 MkII is based on the legendary console modules developed by Bill Putnam in the 60's. Noted for their musical character and warmth, innumerous classics by artists ranging from Frank Sinatra to Coldplay, Van Halen to Pet Sounds, have been recorded using the 610 preamp. The LA-610 MkII will impart the same silky, vintage warmth of the original console’s mic amp design to your sources.
Toneful Tube Compression
The LA-610 Mk II’s T4 tube compressor provides the same ultra-warm limiting that has made the Teletronix LA-2A the king of fat opto compression. The electro-optical detector, or "T4 cell,” is the heart and soul of the Teletronix LA-2A. Its photo resistors are the crucial circuit components, giving the compressor its signature warmth, making it a “go-to” for tracking vocals, bass, or acoustic guitars. Taken together, it’s impossible to get a bad sound out of the LA-610 MkII’s legendary preamp and compression circuits.
- All-tube mic preamp design derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 opto-compressor section
- MkII exclusive features include: true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and auto-switching power supply
- Mic pre with Gain and Level controls, variable impedance switching, and instrument DI for recording tone “color”
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Complete vintage channel strip at groundbreaking price within project studio reach
- UA build quality and heritage, audiophile components, hand-assembled in the USA
- Backed by 1-Year limited warranty
- Mic, Line and Hi-Z Input, Line Output
- Dual Impedance Mic and Hi-Z inputs (Mic: 2K, 500Ω, Hi-Z: 2.2M, 47KΩ)
- 5 position Stepped Preamp Input Gain, Continuous Preamp Output Level
- -15dB Pad Switch (15dB Pad/Off)
- Phase reverse (0/180º)
- 48 volt Phantom Power switch (+48v/Off)
- +/- 9 dB stepped High Shelving Filter (4.5, 7, 10 kHz)
- +/- 9 dB stepped Low Shelving Filter (70, 100, 200 Hz)
- T4 Optical Compressor with Continuous Peak Reduction and Makeup Gain
- Compress/Limit/Bypass Modes of Dynamic Operation (3:1 / ∞: 1)
- Meter Source Selector Switch (Preamp/Gain Reduction/Compressor)
- Front Panel Power switch (On/Off)
- Custom Altran and Cinemag Transformers