TK's now famous BC1 buss compressor, now in 500 format for your stereo mix, with new features!
This is the limited edition grey face, only 100 units will be made.
The TK Audio BC501 brings a new THD circuit for switchable character. New, lower ratio settings also means it is capable of more subtle dynamic range control when needed (mastering for example).
The BC501 provides smooth buss compression associated with one of the most famous buss compressors from the mid 80's. Mixing engineers call it the magic "glue" when transparent compression strengthens mixes without compromising clarity. The BC501 provides just that kind of compression bringing cohesion and punch; equally useful for drum buss and instrument compression.
The built-in blend control makes it easy to apply parallel compression by adjusting the mix of dry and compressed signal. A mute-switch is provided for muting the dry signal making it possible to adjust the compression without changing the blend control.
A switchable side-chain filter can be applied at 150Hz or 250Hz which makes the BC501 less responsive to low frequency energy. The external side-chain input (on the unit's face) makes it possible to have the BC501 pump to an external source.
TK Audio BC501 Features
- Threshold: -20dB to +20dB
- Ratio: 1.25:1 / 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 4:1 / 6:1 / 10:1 (limiting)
- HP Filter: 150Hz / 250Hz switchable, -6dB octave
- External sidechain: in/out
- Dual sidechain detectors
- Attack: 0.1/0.3/0.6/1/3/10/30/60/120mS
- Release: 50mS/100mS/300mS/600mS/1.2S/Auto (famous SSL style AUTO release)
- Gainreduction meter
- Make-up: 0 to +20dB
- Autosensing gain stage adds +6dB more gain when connected unbalanced
- Compression in/out
- Straight signal mute
- Blendcontrol: from straight to compressed
- THD Circuit, switchable
- Balanced input: 40kohm impedance
- Balanced output: 100ohm impedance
- External sidechaininput: 3.5mm on face of unit