This is the cardioid only version.
The small diaphragm ELA M 260 is arguably one of the industry's finest acoustic and classical recording tube microphones, offering plenty of tone with excellent detail and clarity. While not a historically accurate reproduction of the original ELA M 260 like the Diamond Series microphones, TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik’s version of the ELA M 260 is still built with the same attention to detail and level of quality that would be expected from a TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik microphone.
In use, the ELA M 260 has plenty of tone with excellent detail and clarity. It captures sources with a natural presence, making it a fantastic tool for recording acoustic instruments of all types. Violin, cello, upright bass, drum overheads, percussion, woodwinds, saxophones, strings, and especially acoustic guitar all shine through the ELA M 260. Also, despite its size, it has also served well on vocal applications. Its unique tonal character is very well suited for a myriad of applications, both traditional and not.
The ELA M 260 system features a new circuit design based around a New Old Stock (NOS) EF732 / 5840W vacuum tube and a custom output transformer that is wound to exacting specification in the United States. The combination of these features yields a small diaphragm microphone that is unique while also bearing the qualities of the vintage microphones that it was based upon.
ELA M 260 tube microphone systems include an M 902 power supply, M 860 25’ dual-shielded TX-7 tube microphone cable with right angle female XLR connector, M 761 elastic shock mount, and hard shell zipper carrying case.
Specifications and Features
- Type: Vacuum Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Hypercardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, ±3 dB
- Power Source: External Power Supply
- Capsule: TK60, TK61, TK62 - Edge Terminated Small Diaphragm, Thread-on
- Tube: NOS Philips 5840W
- Transformer: TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik T60
- Sensitivity: 16.5 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- THD at 1kHZ at 1Pa (Amplifier): < 0.15%
- Output Impedance: 200 Ω
- Maximum SPL (for 1% THD): 135 dB
- S/N Ratio: 83 dBA
- Self Noise (Amplifier): 11 dBA
- Dimensions: 140 mm L x 20 mm Dia
- Weight: 116 g
- Included Accessories: Tube Mic Cable, Power Supply, Shock Mount, Foam Windscreen, Carrying Case