This is the solid state, phantom powered FET version.
The 017 TUBE and 017 FET condensers represent the modern embodiment of the big, classic sound so highly prized in vintage microphones. Featuring hand-machined and tensioned capsules – all Soyuz microphones are, like the finest musical instruments, completely handmade. Enabling detail to be captured with stunning depth, warmth, and silky transparency in the upper frequencies. These sonic characteristics allow it to complement the subtle nuances of vocals and strings while accurately capturing complex instruments.
The classic sound of the 017 was previously considered impossible to achieve with new microphones. Engineers routinely spent small fortunes on vintage condensers and fought to keep them operational as they aged as new models – and even reissues – were often not imbued with the same desired characteristics despite their hefty price tags. This is not surprising: manufacturing techniques have changed, why wouldn’t the results? With its open top-end, smooth mid-range, powerful – yet balanced – low-end, and remarkably robust build quality, the 017 is destined to be the future benchmark of that elusive mixture of accuracy and sonic flattery that has sent vintage prices soaring.
- Type: Tube condenser microphone
- Capsules: Two 34mm membranes (one gold sputtered)
- Frequency Range: 20Hz/20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa
- Impedance: 270 Ohms
- SPL: 120 dB Equivalent Noise - 20 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type: 6ZH1P
- Power: Dedicated power supply - BP – 017
- Size: 226mm length x 55mm diameter
- Weight: 950g
- Extras: wooden oak suitcase, power supply with -20db pad, 6 pin cable, custom shock mount and clip