The SuperCMIT 2 U has three pushbuttons which control the filters and presets of the microphone. The two filters are identical to those of Schoeps’ CMIT 5 U analog shotgun microphone:
- High-frequency boost (+5 dB at 10 kHz) compensates for losses due to windscreens.
- Steep low-cut (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses low-frequency wind and boom noise.
The second output channel always carries the signal of the regular shotgun. The “Preset” button controls the directivity for the signal on the first output channel (SuperCMIT 2 U). Two settings are available:
- Preset 1: moderate directivity increase (green LED); ca. 11 dB reduction in diffuse sound (5 dB greater than a Schoeps CMIT 5 U or channel 2 of the SuperCMIT 2 U)
- Preset 2: strong directivity increase (red LED); ca. 15 dB diffuse sound reduction. This setting is reserved for special applications since sonic artifacts can occasionally be heard.
By pressing each of the three pushbuttons two times each quickly in succession, the gain can be increased by +30 dB and reset again to the standard value.
Also by disconnecting the microphone from its power supply, the gain setting is reset to the initial value (0 dB).
Since firmware version 2.0 the SuperCMIT is equipped with a limiter (when gain boost is active) to prevent overload caused by very loud signals.
- Wooden case, SG 20 stand adapter
- W 170 foam windscreen for moderate wind and boom motion,
Mini-DA42: device for powering digital microphones; with digital and analog outputs, AC adapter included
PSD 2U (available optionally): powering box for 10-Volt digital phantom powering (DPP) with XLR and RCA outputs; AC adapter included
With the PSD 2U the SuperCMIT 2U is slightly cheaper, with the Mini-DA 42 you have more options like analogue and digital outputs
On special request the SuperCMIT 2 U can be ordered with a grey surface.