Experience Royer Labs quality with this phantom powered, stereo dynamic and ribbon microphone booster!
The Royer model R-DB22 dBooster2 features two channels of dBooster ribbon & dynamic microphone signal boosting and impedance buffering technology. Each channel also doubles as a high-impedance DI.
When used as a signal booster, both channels of the dBooster2 increase the level of passive low-output ribbon and dynamic microphones with a minimum of distortion or coloration. Designed for professional applications, each dBooster2 channel offers two levels of clean gain boost: 12dB or 20dB, selectable by a front panel switch.
The dBooster2’s Class A input presents a high source impedance to microphones, minimizing loading (damping) and improving headroom. By utilizing the 12/20dB gain switch, optimum balance between gain and headroom can be achieved for a variety of uses.
The dBooster2’s low-impedance output is an increased microphone-level signal that can drive a digital interface directly or a standard microphone preamplifier. It also minimizes signal loss on long cable runs.
When used as a DI for unbalanced guitar level sources, the dBooster2 provides either 0dB or 8dB of gain, selectable from the front panel switch. The single ended high-impedance (230K-Ohm) DI input maintains headroom and gain regardless of load, with minimal distortion or coloration.
- Miking any low-volume sound source (acoustic instruments, vocals, etc.)
- Recording direct to a DAW interface
- Use on long cable runs to retain sound quality
- DI for direct electric guitar, electric bass, and other instruments
- 12dB and 20dB gain stages in Mic mode
- 0dB or 8dB gain in Hi-Z guitar input mode
- High input impedance
- Balanced Low output impedance
- Rugged case construction
- Ultra-low noise performance
- Ultra-low distortion
- Wide frequency bandwidth
- Safe for use on all ribbon mics
- Increases headroom at the preamp
- Provides true electrical isolation
- Protects ribbon mics from phantom-power
- Minimizes mic loading
- Capable of driving difficult loads, such as mic splitters and vintage style preamps, without increased distortion or loss of gain
- The dBooster2 is covered by a one-year warranty. This warranty covers parts and labor but does not cover damage as a result of misuse or abuse.