RME proudly presents a new generation of top-class microphone, line and instrument preamp, hi-end A/D converter, digital patchbay and format converter, monitoring device, and last but not least the flexible frontend for Apple's iPad® - the OctaMic XTC!
With the OctaMic XTC eight microphone and line inputs, four switchable to Hi-Z mode, meet an unrivaled variety of digital connection protocols - from common ADAT and AES/EBU to sophisticated 64-channel MADI optical.
Analog signals are converted with RME's newest converter technology. Maintaining the excellent sound and frequency response that RME converters are known for, this preamp excels in an extraordinary gain range, extremely low latencies and stunning EIN and signal to noise ratios.
With the help of the full color TFT display, the quickly accessible setup options reveal another truely unique feature: all analog and digital inputs, including up to 64 MADI channels and 8 AES/EBU audio channels, can be freely patched to any output - including the 24 channels of its Class Compliant USB 2.0 audio interface format.
When attached by MIDI (DIN, MIDI over MADI, or USB) to an RME audio interface running TotalMix FX, the OctaMic XTC can be remote controlled directly within the input channel strips of TotalMix. An example is the combination of the renowned Fireface UFX with an XTC on top, connected via ADAT, adding 8 analog inputs and 4 analog outputs to RME’s flagship interface.
Full remote control support allows the unit to be as close to the analog signal source as possible while important settings and configurations can be modified, as well as stored and recalled, not only on the unit itself, but also from a larger distance.
With 24 channels I/O in Class Compliant mode the XTC is also the most flexible and advanced interface ever built to work with the iPad (needs Apple Camera Connection Kit).
- 8 x Mic/Line Preamps, digitally controlled
- (4 x PAD, 4 x Hi-Z switchable)
- 2 x Stereo Analog Outputs
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O
- 1 x ADAT I/O (2 x out S/MUX)
- 1 x MADI I/O optical
- 1 x MIDI I/O over DIN
- 2 x MIDI I/O over USB
- 1 x MIDI I/O over MADI
- SNR AD: 113 dB RMS unweighted, 117 dBA
- THD: < 0.0003 %, < -110 dB
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 94 kHz
- SNR DA: 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
- Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 8 Hz - 75 kHz
- Supported sample rates: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Sync Sources: AES/EBU, Word Clock, MADI, ADAT, internal
- SteadyClock™ ensures best sound quality even when synched to jittery external clocks.
- 8 balanced XLR microphone/line inputs, 4 TRS line, 4 TRS instrument inputs
- 85 dB gain range: Analog input level from -53 dBu up to +32 dBu
- Hi-end circuit design with relais and lowest noise mic preamp
- Nearly noise-free gain changing
- AutoSet: automatic gain reduction with multiple linking
- Latest generation super low latency AD-converters
- 2 unbalanced hi-power stereo outputs line/phones
- Unit's current state can be stored on 6 memory slots
- Completely remote controllable
- Word clock input and output
- MIDI I/O via DIN, USB (2x) and MADI
- 4 x AES/EBU out via D-Sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT out, 8 channels @ 96 kHz
- MADI I/O (64 channels @ 48 kHz)
- Phantom power: +48 Volt switchable per channel
- Internal wide range switching power supply 100-240 Volt AC
- Optical cable, Toslink, 0.5 m (1.7 ft)
- Optical cable, Toslink, 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Optical cable, Toslink, 2 m (6.6 ft)
- Digital breakout cable Pro, AES/EBU, D-sub25 to 4x XLR-3 female + 4x XLR-3 male, 1 m / 3 m / 6 m (ALVA Audio)
- Digital D-sub cable, AES/EBU, D-sub25 male to D-Sub25 male, 1 m / 3 m / 6 m (ALVA Audio)
- Optical ADAT Toslink cable 1 m / 2 m / 3 m / 5 m / 10 m (ALVA Audio)
- Word Clock cable, 1 x BNC male to 1 x BNC male, 1 m / 5 m / 10 m (ALVA Audio)