HOW DOES THE COPPERPHONE HARMONICA MINI SOUND AND HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM THE COPPERPHONE?
The Copperphone Harmonica Mini was originally designed for harmonica players as a hand held alternative to the Copperphone. It does have a similar nostalgic character to the sound because it operates within a limited bandwidth (please listen to the provided sound samples). However the Harmonica Mini uses a higher performance modern element and does not utilize a resonant chamber. The result is a microphone that is more sensitive and sounds more direct and bright than the Copperphone.
IT’S A HARMONICA MIC, WHY DOES IT HAVE A RING MOUNT?
The initial design did not have the ring mount because it was intended to be used as a hand held microphone for harmonica players. However after the first prototype was made we decided to add the ring mount for people who wanted more versatility and to be able to use the mic in more conventional ways.
The rugged aircraft aluminum ring mount can be attached to any standard North American mic stand (5/8 inch). If you have a European style mic stand (3/8 inch), the Harmonica Mini can be attached with a threaded adapter insert (see here). This type of insert is not provided with the Copperphone Harmonica Mini but can be easily obtained at your local music store for a nominal cost.
If you decide to use the ring mounting system with a microphone stand, another adapter is recommended to give the user full range of adjustability.
With the use of a small kit provided, the Copperphone Harmonica Mini can easily be removed from the ring mount and adapted for it’s original use as a hand held harmonica microphone.
Placid Audio Copperphone Mini Features
- High grade passive variable reluctance transducer
- High quality Switchcraft 3 pin XLR connector
- Aircraft aluminum shock mount ring to fit North American style stands (will fit
- European stands with common threaded adapter)
- Dismounting kit for optional ergonomic hand held use
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A
- Rugged copper housing and components
- Lifetime operational warranty
Placid Audio Copperphone Mini Specification
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardiod
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 1.4kHz
- Imepdence: 150 ohms
- Output: 105 +/- 2dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Microphone Dimensions: 1.75 inch x 2.25 inch
- Shock Mount Dimensions: 6 inch diameter x .75 inch
- Weight: .75 lbs