Big sweet sound with a tube-like air, the DRS series mic pre / DI is ready to meet your API 500 Lunchbox and microphones!
This is the 500 API version of the classic DRS preamp, no changes in design or sound, just made for 500.
The DRS-1 Mic-Pre/DI uses our well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2), but also has our latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Technology which gives a "valve-like" sound. It also incorporates our high input impedance DI circuitry.
Phoenix Audio DRS-1R Specifications
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A True Transformerless balanced Mic input stage
- Class A (DSOP2) Output specs.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB,
- Maximum Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz,
- Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button Switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4" Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = 0dB, Red= +8dB, corresponding to “4” and “6” on a PPM Meter).
- Phantom Power: Switchable phantom
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, - 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB