Ships with stand clamp and nylon storage bag.
Acts as reference on the stages of the world. For demanding singers, the microphone for a lifetime!
The KMS 104/104 plus and the KMS 105 microphones have been developed to optimally transmit the human voice with respect to the demanding conditions present on the live stage.
The KMS series has become the internationally acknowledged standard for first-class stage microphones.
The high acoustic resolution and smooth frequency response of the microphones ensure that the musician has optimal control of the stage performance at all times.
Especially due to their low self-noise and crosstalk behavior which is free of coloration, the KMS microphones are ideal for use with in-ear monitoring systems.
The KMS 104 and the KMS 104 plus have a condenser microphone capsule with a cardioid directional characteristic which provides the best possible suppression of sounds originating from behind the microphone. In contrast, with its supercardioid characteristic the KMS 105 is particularly good at suppressing sounds originating from the entire 180° hemisphere behind the microphone. The KMS 104 plus features, compared to KMS 104, a more extended bass frequency response. In close cooperation with professional musicians, with the aid of extensive practical tests, the KMS 104 plus has been especially optimized for the requirements of female voices in the rock and pop field.
The user can thus select the version that is optimally suited to the specific application.
Neumann KMS 105 Features
- Neumann sound on stage
- Excellent transparency for vocals/speech
- Cardioid/Supercardioid polar pattern with excellent feedback rejection
- Without off-axis coloration
- Transformerless output
- Effective pop shielding without any side effects
- Set includes stand clamp
Neumann KMS 105 Specifications
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern supercardioid
- Frequency range 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm 4.5 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 28 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 18 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 66 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 76 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2) 150 dB
- Maximum output voltage 12 dBu
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted) 132 dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 1938) 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 1938) 3.5 mA
- Matching connector XLR3F
- Weight approx. 300 g
- Diameter 48 mm
- Length 180 mm
Neumann KMS 105 Accessories
- Windscreen WSS 100
- Stand Mount SG 105