Stereo linked has never been so easy, just plug in the link cable and flip the link switch!
You Will Receive
- 2 Klark-Teknik 76-KT units, modified for stereo link use
- 1 Mogami 12" TRS link cable, plugs into the rear of both units
What We Do
- Entire link hardware set is internally mounted and requires NO adjustment
- 1/4" TRS jack is installed on rear, to plug both units in for stereo link mode
- Toggle switch is installed on the face plate for stereo link (UP) or mono use (DOWN)
What You Do
- Plug the supplied TRS link cable into the LINK JACK on the rear of both units
- Flip the face plate mounted toggle switch UP for stereo link, or DOWN for mono use
- It's that easy, there is nothing concerning the mod for you to adjust in or out!
Klark-Teknik 76-KT General Description
Designed as an homage to the classic 1176LN, every effort was made to keep the 76-KT FET-Style Compressor true to the original D and E versions of the iconic signal processor. At the same time, we modernized the completely discrete signal path using hand-selected components and custom-engineered MIDAS input and output transformers – for the ultimate in pristine sonic performance.
The compression ratio is selected by pushing any, or all, of the Ratio buttons located to the left of VU meter. Ratios available are: 4:1 for moderate compression; 8:1 for severe compression; 12:1 ratio for mild limiting; and 20:1 for hard limiting. Using the “All-Button” mode can be especially effective when applied to drums, bass, guitar, and room mics – or for more aggressive “in your face” vocals.
76-KT’s Attack knob adjusts the amount of time it takes the compressor to respond to audio that exceeds the threshold. The response time is slower at the fully counterclockwise position and faster when turned clockwise. The Release knob adjusts how long the compressor remains engaged after the incoming audio falls below the threshold. The response time is also slower at the fully counterclockwise position and faster when adjusted clockwise.
In keeping with the design of the original processor, the 76-KT features an illuminated, vintage-style VU meter for visual confirmation of gain reduction (GR) and output levels. A meter reading of 0 corresponds to an output level of +4, +6 or +8 dBm, depending on which button is engaged.
- Classic FET-style compressor modeled after iconic 1176LN*, D and E Revisions
- Completely discrete signal path
- Class-A line-level output amplifier
- Custom-built, MIDAS input and output transformers
- Push button selection of compression ratios: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra-fast attack time: 20 to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time: 80 to 700 milliseconds
- Vintage-style meter features gain reduction and output
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.