A variable toolbox all in one 500 series slot, ready to take your tracks to the next level!
This is a stereo pair listing.
This is the Qube racked version.
The skulpter 500 is the ultimate recording front end. Its audiophile preamp is based on single resistors controlling a fully discrete Class-A amplifier capable of complementing any microphone with a remarkably true and natural sound. If additional mojo is needed, two variable saturation/filter stages and an intelligent onboard compressor make voices and instruments sound like a finished record right from the start.
Whether clean or colored, the sonic bliss does not stop at your mic locker. The skulpter 500 provides a balanced DI input with significant headroom, so just about any signal coming from guitars, basses, synths and effects will benefit greatly from the skulpter 500’s pristine amplification and versatile processing qualities.
Way more than just a preamp, the skulpter 500 is a complete recording solution – everything you’ll ever need in front of any DAW.
- 100% Discrete Class-A Topology: Pristine audio path and signal processing
- Audiophile Gain Staging: Natural and incredibly detailed sound
- Dual Sound Shaper: Mojo machine with filters and harmonics
- Intelligent Onboard Dynamics: Smart controlled musical compression
- Variable Low Cut Filter: Flexible low frequency clean up
- Balanced DI: Instrument input with massive headroom
- Multifunction Meter: Level, gain, compression and clipping
- Stepped Controllers: Exact and repeatable settings
- Total gain range:
- 3 - 65 dB in 1.5/2 dB steps
- Frequency response:
- @ 3 dB gain 10 Hz - 170 kHz (-3 dB)
- @ 29 dB gain 10 Hz - 170 kHz (-3 dB)
- @ +6 dBu out level, 3 dB gain, 20 Hz - 22k Hz = 0.007%
- @ +6 dBu out level, 29 dB gain, 20 Hz - 22 kHz = 0.007%
- Noise floor:
- @ 3 dB gain, 20 Hz - 20 kHz (A-weighted) -97 dBu
- @ 29 dB gain, 20 Hz - 20 kHz (A-weighted) -93 dBu
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio:
- @ +6 dBu out level, 29 dBu gain, 1 kHz 87 dB
- @ +6 dBu out level, 29 dBu gain, 10 kHz 69 dB
- Maximum level:
- Mic Input 19 dBu
- DI Input 19 dBu
- Output 21dBu
- Mic Input 13.6 kohm
- DI Input 1 megohm
- Output 62 ohm
- Power Consumption:
- 116 mA