Serious control and a pleasant tone make this 500 series equalizer a winner for your lunchbox!
The dbx 530 Parametric EQ offers a unique degree of equalization flexibility in the popular 500 Series format. Based upon the classic dbx 905, the dbx 530 is an uncompromising equalizer offering true, fully parametric operation of all three filter bands! dbx has a much-heralded history with modular processors dating back to our 900 Series, and the dbx 530 continues that tradition.
The dbx 530's overlapping bands each offer control of frequency bandwidth (Q) and up to 15dB of reciprocal cut or boost to provide exact, complimentary filter action for the most demanding of equalization needs. For problem situations requiring the removal of spurious signals, each of the bands can be independently switched into “infinite notch” mode without affecting the operation of others. In situations where a shelving equalizer will produce better results than a peaking one, the 530’s high and low bands can be independently switched from peaking to shelving operation. You can also make instant affected/bypassed comparisons using the 530's “On” switch.
Load up your 500 Series rack with dbx 530 Parametric EQs and cut your way through mixes like an audio surgeon!
- Based on the classic dbx 905
- 3-band parametric EQ
- Selectable bell or shelf type filters on low and high frequency bands
- Adjustable Q on each band
- Input Type Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance 40k Ohms balanced, 20k Ohms unbalanced
- Max Input Level +22dBu
- CMRR >40dB; typically >55dB at 1kHz
- Output Type Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance Balanced 30 Ohms, unbalanced 15 Ohms
- Max Output Level +22dBu
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-1dB; <10Hz - 30kHz, +0/-3dB
- Noise -90dBu, Unweighted (22Hz - 22kHz)
- THD+Noise <0.006% typical, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0dBu out
- Dynamic Range 112dB
- EQ Filter Type Each band symmetrical peak/dip, each band switchable to Infinite Notch mode, high and low bands switchable to symmetrical shelving
- EQ Center Frequencies Low band = 20 Hz – 500 Hz, mid band = 200 Hz – 5 kHz, high band = 800 Hz – 20 kHz
- EQ Range ±15 dB, peak or shelved
- EQ Infinite Notch Attenuation Typically > 40dB
- Power Requirements +/- 16V DC
- Power Current Draw 85 mA per power rail
- Power Draw 2.72 watts
- Rack System Compatibility 500 Series Compatible Power-frame
- Rack Space 1 Slot
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 5.25” x 1.5” x 6” (13.34 cm x 3.81 cm x 15.24 cm)
- Weight 1.3 lbs (0.59 kg)
- Shipping Weight 1.7 lbs (0.77kg)