API releases a classic 500 series mic preamp in single channel form!
The 312 is one of API’s most sought after and famous mic preamps. First introduced in the 1970s, it is well known and respected throughout the recording industry, and is the building block of the modern 3124 rack unit.
Based on API co-founder Saul Walker’s original designs, the API 312 Mic Pre combines our 2520 op-amps and proprietary transformers. It delivers the analog warmth, massive headroom and unmistakable sound for which API is known, in a convenient 500 series format.
Following the success of the hand wired 312 50th Anniversary Edition, this standard production version offers the classic API sound at an affordable price. Like all API products, the 312 is backed by API's unique five year warranty.
312 Mic Preamp Features
- API's Classic 312 Microphone Preamp in a 500 Series module
- Vintage Style Analog VU Meter
- Maximum 69dB of gain
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design with 2520 Op Amp
- Proprietary AP2516 Input Transformer
- 20 dB pad switch
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap Selection
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Peak LED
- API’s Five Year Warranty