The C12 VR is the reference multi pattern tube studio condenser microphone with nine polar patterns selectable by a remote control. Among sound engineers, the AKG C12 is considered the holy grail of microphones. This legendary microphone, first built in the 1950s, is one of the most famous tube microphones in history, and its successor is todays C12 VR.
The C12 VR is an enhanced version of the original C12, from the capsule sound to the original 6072A vacuum tube carefully handcrafted in Vienna, Austria.
AKG C12 VR Specifications
- Audio Frequency bandwidth 30 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity 10 mV / Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level 22 dB-A
- Signal to Noise 72 dB-A
- Preattunation Pad -10, -20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter 100, 130 Hz
- Electrical Impedance 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance 1000 Ohms