Smooth presence, a detailed midrange and BIG bottom with full proximity effect make this ribbon mic a must have!
You Will Receive
- AEA R84 Ribbon Microphones (Qty 2)
- Padded storage bags (Qty 2)
The AEA R84 is an affordable Large Ribbon Geometry (LRG) microphone suitable for use by the most demanding audio professional or hobbyist.
If you are new to ribbons, you are in for a treat! Experienced users have discovered the R84 is an outstanding general-purpose microphone, ideally suited for solo and accent work. It is hard to find an application where this mic does not shine. It is a fine example of the natural sound and figure-8 directional sensitivity a quality ribbon mic delivers.
- Pure natural sound, just as you hear it when you're placing your mic in the studio.
- Quick smooth transients that capture the feeling of being there without sounding like a recording.
- Extended bass and treble that captures the details without shoving anything in your face.
- A figure-eight pattern that focuses your recording on the sound you want.
We believe you will enjoy the confidence this mic inspires. It's a forgiving tool that makes your recording work easier, as it literally sounds good on everything. Try it first and you'll usually like it and find it sits well in the mix. When time is scarce and quality necessary, put the R84 to the test. Our users' experience is that you'll use it more and more (in pairs too!). Then it will start to really grow on you.
- Single-diaphragm with well-controlled,native figure-8 polar pattern
- Wide-band response from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- High null-axis rejection and gain before feedback
- High SPL capability, 165 dB + above 1 kHz
- Effortless lows and smooth natural highs
- Fast, accurate transient reproduction
- Low self noise
- Excellent off-axis frequency response
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 165 + dB SPL above 1 kHz for 1% third harmonic
- Output Sensitivity: -52 dBv/Pa
- Output Impedance: 270 Ω nominal
- Recommended Load: 1.2 kΩ or greater
- Powering: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on front of microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3 m captive cable
Off Axis Response
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, –35 dB null at 90°/ 270°
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0°/ 180° axis, –35 dB null at 90°/ 270°
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 4.7 mm
- Ribbon Length: 59.7 mm