PSI Audio A25-M
Active Studio Monitor, Single Speaker
Status: Usually Ships Same or Next Business Day
PSI Audio A25-M Active 3 Way Studio Monitor Description
I'm not sure we've heard more information coming from a speaker than the A25M, it is a virtual "wall of sound" that delivers a full reach yet is instantly familiar. By familiar I mean that mixes you know are bad on all systems sound bad here, and good ones sound good. This 3 way design needs a big room and some distance, if you have it and are doing high end mixing and mastering it won't leave you wanting for anything else. Crazy impulse response and detail, and that 10" driver never hesitates to tell you the truth about the elusive bottom end. Effects of compression and EQ are easily dialed in and heard, if you're ready to know what is really going on with your music then it's time for the A25M.
The pinnacle of current PSI Audio system development, the A25-M main / mid-field reference monitor features a staggering precision of +/- 1.5 dB tolerance between 38Hz and 20KHz.
The tweeter unit is hand-crafted in-house in order to ensure performance and accuracy. These highly optimised features make the A25-M unique. A true reference speaker for stereo and surround sound applications where ultimate precision is required. The powerful tri-amplified output stages features the unique “AOI” output stages and has a protection circuit, which can be monitored via the red LED on the front panel. The active crossover, with integrated “CPR”, gives the A25-M unprecedented impulse behavior – with excellent stereo imaging.
The crossover is also optimized for maximum phase coherence, which allows for a very broad horizontal and vertical ideal listening area. Tilting the mid-high range unit by 90° maintains the directivity accuracy when using the speaker horizontally. The A25-M’s electronics are housed in a unit mechanically isolated from the speaker cabinet to avoid resonance at high sound pressure levels.
Designed to work in harmony with the full range of A series monitors the A25-M also makes ideal front speakers in a surround sound setup, or can be developed in to a more powerful system by adding the pair A225-M sub – thus providing an upgrade path and protecting your investment.
PSI Audio A25-M Specifications
- Tweeter unit hand made by PSI Audio
- Flat frequency response
- Optimised directivity by phase coherency
- Class G low temperature amplifier stage
- Rotation of mid-range section for horizontal use
- Compatible with industry standard mouting systems
- Amplifier unit acoustically uncoupled from speaker cabinet
- Protection circuits with overload indicator
- Real balanced input
- Designed for stereo and multichannel monitoring
- Magnetically shielded for use close to video monitors
- AOI Technology
- ALG Technology
- CPR Technology
- PSC Technology
*Ships in burgundy finish as standard, available in black finish by special order for $150 more.
- Power RMS: 170 + 80 + 50 W
- Program Power: 300 W
- Input Impedance: Sym, 10k Ohms
- Sensivity for 100 dB @ 1m: 0.775 V
- Signal to Noise Ratio: -96 dBA
- Continuous Max SPL@1m: 110 dB (single)
- Input Overload: 24 Vpp
- Program Max SPL@1m: 121 dB (pair)
- Response at -6dB: 32 - 23000 Hz
- Tolerances: ±1.5 dB (38Hz - 20kHz)
- Distortion THD: < 1.2% (40Hz-20kHz)
- Phase tolerances: ±45° (150Hz - 20kHz)
- Dispersion (P.N. 4 - 16 kHz) at -6 dB: 90° x 80° (H x V)
- System: 3 Way(s)
- Crossover frequency: 510Hz, 3.2kHz
- Woofer's dim. Ext. / Diaphragm: 10"
- Medium's dim. Ext. / Diaphragm: 5.6"
- Tweeter's dim. Ext. / Diaphragm: 1"
- Connectors: 1 x XLR F / 3P
- Signal input: 1=GND, 2=(+), 3=(-)
- Material: MDF
- Dimensions W x H x D mm: 320 x 590 x 380
- Gross / Net Weight: 32.1 / 28.4 kg
- Voltage: 115/230V (50-60Hz)
- Consumption Standby-Quiescent-Max: 1.8 - 8 - 200 W
- Mean / Max Humidity: < 75% / < 90%
- External Temperature: 5 - 40°C
Read the Manual (pdf)