Pay over time with , apply during checkout.
Stock Item: Ships from our shelf quickly in almost all cases when ordered before our ship cutoff times.
Direct Ship: Non-stock item, but normally ships quickly from the manufacturer or alternate warehouse.
Built To Order: Item is custom built per the options chosen and quickly shipped out upon completion.
Visit our Shipping Page for cutoff times for FREE (USA), USPS or FedEx.
Prepare for high output, glowing audio delivered AEA style in all its glory!
With the A840, AEA introduces the active version of its award-winning R84 microphone. The A840 flatters strings, woodwinds, drums, piano, voice, and much more with the ease and grace that only a Big Ribbon mic can deliver.
Now with phantom power, you now have a lot more flexibility in your choice of preamps because you no longer the quiet gain that passive ribbons need so much of. The A840 also shares many of the characteristics of its granddaddy, the A440, but is much more economically priced. Because the A840 shares the same Big Ribbon as the rest of AEA's product line you'll acheive a sound with the A840 that is smooth, natural and free of any of the uncomfortable resonances that shorter ribbons and condensers can exhibit. The result is a sound that many engineers say sounds astonishingly close to what your ear hears when you're actually standing in the studio because the R84 doesn't color the sound with a lot of its own characteristics. Because the A840 has significantly less proximity effect than the A440, the A840 makes an excellent spot mic as it is optimized to be positioned within 12" of the sound source without bass distortion.
The A840 makes all of this available in a single package: the signal strength and flexibility of active electronics combined with the luxurious warmth of a Big Ribbon all wrapped up in a much more affordable package. No studio is complete without a pair of A840's
The microphone package includes a three meter cloth covered Accusound and an AEA vertical case for proper shipping and storage.
- High output
- Compatibility with any preamp and input impedance
- Low self noise of 17.5 dB (A)
- Fast, accurate transient reproduction
- High SPL capability of 141 dB
- Single-diaphragm with well-controlled, native figure-8 polar pattern
- Wide-band response from below 20 Hz to beyond 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Maximum SPL: 141 dB SPL
- Output Sensitivity: -44 dB V/Pa 1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Output Impedeance: 92 ohm broadband
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on front of microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a captive 3 meter Accusound cable
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 micron (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 4.7 mm
- Ribbon Length: 59.7 mm
Our ONE WITH EVERYTHING ZEN WARRANTY adds a full year to the standard manufacturer warranty at no charge, see our ZEN WARRANTY page for details.